Environmental Auditor / Non Biologist
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 250 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring an Environmental Auditor/ Non Biologist for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Works under direction of the Environmental Manager and the Environmental Manager Deputy/Deputy Project Biologist:
- Review design and construction plans for consistency with permits and review and assist with processing amendments as required
- Review, monitoring plans, monthly/ annual compliance reporting, and construction notifications for reporting and client administrative record files.
- Ability to assist with field audits to assess compliance with applicable environmental regulations and assist with managing field staff.
- Assess and assist the team with compliance resolution concerns as they pertain to applicable environmental permits.
- Assist in performing construction schedule analyses.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing the duties of an Environmental Analyst work conducting environmental studies, performing environmental assessments, and environmental impact analysis.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook; Excel and PowerPoint helpful.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory environmental regulations.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $48,000-$56,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.