Sr. Project Engineer
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 220 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets. If you are a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Sr Project Engineer to join our dynamic Program & Construction Management team in Southern California.
The Sr Project Engineer will assist the day-to-day efforts related to program management of municipal capital improvement programs or other programming, planning, design, procurement, construction, and asset management projects for our Municipal clients.
- Assist the full range or portions of the program management cycle with multiple task teams.
- Interaction and communication with the Client
- Oversees client relationships and serves as a management resource to clients.
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Provides strategic technical direction.
- Ensures quality standards are met on all project components
- Ensures all project components are managed to client satisfaction.
- Ensures all projects under his/her direction meet profitability targets.
- Supports Division utilization targets and achievement of other financial metrics.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5-8 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Able to discern and clearly communicate the client’s goals and key priorities.
- Able to represent the client in presenting the program to the community.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.