- Anahiem, CA
- Internship to Full Time
- Student (College)
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for an Engineering Intern to work with our Program Management Transportation team to gain some real hands on experience working at our job site in Anahiem, CA. This is a part-time paid internship for a technical savvy student looking to gain professional experience with a possibility to extend or become permanent. The individual we are looking for should have a passion for state of art technology and a good understanding of engineering basics.
Responsibilities & Duties
- You may be assigned, under close supervision, to perform simple engineering data analysis, data entry, data gathering and formatting, and organizing information for reports and technical work products
- You may also be assigned mathematical tasks and back-checking tasks related to review of construction drawings, specifications and recorded maps and documents
- You may also perform basic CAD or GIS input or modifications, and also provide basic project support such as capturing and distributing meeting notes, filing permits, conducting field site visits, and other providing general support of project engineers, Asset management technicians and teammates
- The work may also include engineering design tasks such as providing input to design drawings and specifications, and construction related engineering tasks such as reviewing contractor submittals and answering construction related inquiries from the contractor
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently in college pursing a 4 year degree (preferably in an engineering field)
- Must be a team-player with a positive attitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.