Field Auditor/Permitting Specialist
Environmental Field Auditor
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, Hawaii, and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners focused on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Harris’ growing Environmental, Engineering, and Consulting Division does industry-leading work in environmental planning and compliance, community planning and housing solutions, engineering design, municipal and district finance, and one water solutions. Harris continues to expand the scope of these services while also building new capabilities in planning, climate change/adaptation, hazard mitigation, resilience, and management consulting. If you are a passionate and motivated professional looking for a collaborative environment at a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are looking to grow our team in Fresno CA that supports the High Speed Rail project and looking for a talented Environmental Field Auditor . The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct construction compliance monitoring.
- Provide sensitive species and habitat education to construction personnel.
- Vegetation community mapping, invasive species identification and mapping.
- Conduct general and focused biological surveys.
- Focused sensitive species surveys.
- Assist with data collection, entry, and management.
- 3 + years of experience in CA fieldwork
- Implementing commitments under resource agency permits
- Field work experience on active construction projects
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Earth, and other related software.
- Experience with GPS units/software, ArcGIS, ArcCollector and sub-meter field data collection.
- Experience implementing Habitat Conservation Plans
- Minimum of 2 years in the field of science.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biology/Environmental
- Experience producing educational documents.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.