Harris & Associates is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today’s complex challenges facing public agencies. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. Our mission is to partner with municipalities to analyze, plan and implement projects involving:
- Research and financial analysis for residential and commercial development and real estate.
- Housing and other grant writing and administration.
- Housing planning (including housing elements and strategies).
- Analysis, development, and administration of housing programs.
- Housing implementation including affordable, permanent supportive and transitional housing and market rate housing (e.g., loan agreements or programs, development feasibility analysis, inclusionary housing analysis).
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris & Associates is searching for a highly motivated Analyst in our the Community Development + Housing Business Unit. This position is based in our Irvine office with a Hybrid Work Schedule.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Analyst will be responsible for the successful completion of tasks that include:
- Working directly with Senior Analysts and Project Managers on housing consulting services (including planning, development analysis, compliance and reporting) community development, and economic analysis for cities and counties throughout California.
- Conducting research and analysis to assist in the development of successful grant applications, including grant writing and administration.
- Preparing financial analysis and reports, including pro forma financial analysis, cash flow projections, and other financial analysis.
- Providing market analysis and real estate evaluation services.
- Working with large data sets, applying intermediate to advanced Excel skills, and thinking critically about data in context and about impacts for projects and clients.
- Summarizing analysis and findings for different audiences, writing clearly and with attention to detail.
- Adhering to project schedules and proactively providing regular updates to team members.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Degree or experience in Economics, Business, Housing, Planning, Real Estate, or a related field.
- Excellent writing and intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Multi-tasking (working on more than one project) and managing multiple priorities and one’s time to meet time-sensitive deadlines, schedules, and budgets, while producing high-quality deliverables.
- Having successful communication/follow-up skills and ensuring that all task deadlines are met is a must.
- Be proactive, solution-oriented, collaborative, and work well with different supervisors in an efficient manner.
- Be curious and resourceful – proactively seek understanding of your work.
- Approach all work in accordance with Harris’ Purpose, Vision, and Shared Values.
Preferred Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Market analysis, real estate valuation, and advisory services.
- Housing planning and implementation.
- Grant writing and administration.
Compensation & Benefits
The hourly rate for this role is $31-38.50. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.