Senior Construction Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 260 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Harris is looking for an experienced Senior Construction Manager/Resident Engineer to join our dynamic Program & Construction Management Division in Salinas, CA.
As part of a collaborative team, the ideal Senior Construction Manager/Resident Engineer will be responsible for leading and managing the successful delivery of infrastructure projects and will be the primary point of contact for the client. This role will work in partnership with Harris staff to establish and bolster strong client relationships focused on generating successful project outcomes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience managing all aspects of medium to large infrastructure projects with a focus on issue resolution during the construction phase of the project. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of CPM scheduling and Change Management.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Interact daily with clients, designers, stakeholders, contractors, inspectors, and oversee the performance of construction contractors; ensuring deliverables are completed per construction plans, specifications, budget, and schedule; build strong relationships, ensure alignment, and productively resolve project issues
- Coordinate and manage Harris sub-consultants (as applicable)
- Review engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability, and completeness
- Evaluate and monitor project progress and verify compliance with plans, material specifications and schedule. (If applicable, work with Harris on-site inspectors who perform daily inspection tasks)
- Track and manage construction cost against the project budget, review, negotiate, and process change orders; participate in claims reviews (if applicable)
- Produce daily, weekly, and monthly reports as may be required by contract
- Monitor and document the work of the contractor according to established Harris & Associates’ construction management practices, including management of all project communications and correspondence: RFIs, submittals, Field Directives, Clarification Letters, change orders, and progress payments
- Minimum of 10 years of CM project experience with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Licensed Engineer in California
- Experience with infrastructure projects including utilities, roads and highways, flood control and drainage, and pipelines
- Oversight of project teams
- Ability to create and maintain a team approach to problem-solving
- Experience responding to RFP’s and RFQ’s
- Client management experience
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) or Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range offered for this position is $150K-185K. Actual pay offered will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.