Project Manager, Municipal + District Finance
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our interdisciplinary approach to provide planning, public finance and development support services allows us to serve as an extension of agency staff. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 250 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a motivated Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to support our Municipal + District Finance practice. This practice provides financial consulting services to public agencies related to development impact fees, financing plans, feasibility analysis, fiscal and economic analysis, cost reimbursement analysis, utility rates, and district formation and administration.
Harris has offices scattered throughout CA including Sacramento, Concord, Irvine, San Diego, Salinas, Los Angeles, and Ontario. Ideal candidate would be hybrid, working a day per week out of either our Sacramento, Concord, San Diego, or Irvine offices.
Responsibilities & Duties
Responsibilities and Duties of the Project Manager or Senior Project Manager will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides oversight on multiple concurrent projects to successfully deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Manages all aspects of projects, including directing work products, interfacing with the client, overseeing junior staff, maintaining project schedules, and monitoring project budgets.
- Leads complex financial, economic, and feasibility analyses and assessments, including recommendations and alternative options.
- Leads client and public meetings, including presentations to government/elected officials.
- Leads, trains and mentors junior staff to complete project assignments.
- Delivers excellent service to clients with a proactive, solution-oriented, and collaborative approach.
- Leads business development activities such as proposal writing and client interviews.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Urban Planning, Engineering, Public Administration or other related field. Masters preferred but not required.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience on projects and programs related to development impact fees, fiscal impact analysis, economic impact analysis, or utility rate studies.
- Must be an analytical thinker, excellent writer and communicator, well organized and detail oriented.
- Must be able to use MS Office, including advanced Excel, to prepare and review work products.
- Ability to manage and lead multiple complex projects, completing projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to perform QC to ensure accuracy and quality of all deliverables, including work of junior-level analysts
- Strong proficiency with written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time to meet time-sensitive deadlines, schedules, budgets, interact with clients, manage staff, oversee quality control, and make presentations to stakeholders.
- Ability to resolve conflict with clients and teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively and quality deliver presentations to clients and governing bodies.
- Ability to cultivate trusted advisor relationships through quality technical service and effective interactions.
- Ability to lead proposal, pursuits and engage successfully in client management activities.
- Some travel within California and Nevada may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary range for this position is $100-140K. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.