Project Manager - School Experience
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT- EDUCATION
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Project Manager to join our team and support our client, the Los Angeles Community College District.
- Available to be on the premises interacting with the Campus Director as well as the Campus President and Vice President.
- Lead a construction team in accordance with District and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
- Train team on all policies and procedures
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
- Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
- Review and develop contract documents
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
- Identify risks and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Document and report all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $5M to $80M each.
- Successfully deliver construction projects on schedule and within budget
- Coordinate budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
- Review all deliverables from designers in the different design phases. While in construction, the Project Manager will review the construction change documents (CCD’s) prior to submittal to DSA.
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
- Track status of all projects and provide management reports regarding overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Track status and provide management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
- Review and inspect construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
- Review and provide recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects
- Work collaboratively with all project stakeholders to proactively resolve construction issues and conflicts
- Conduct daily construction project site walks and provide daily reports
- Interface with DSA deputy Project Inspector and Laboratory of Record during construction, occupancy and close out phases
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 7 years experience in management of multiple construction projects
- Experience working within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- 5 years experience with on-site field construction management
- 2 years experience in Educational Facility Construction
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Recent experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, including master planning, design and closeout
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience in alternative delivery method
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance
Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS). Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.