Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Project Manager to join our team and support our client, the San Diego Unified School District.
The Project Manager is involved in the project from its early stages and assists the Owner with the development of project budgets, overall project schedules, selection of the design team, and other tasks as requested. The PM monitors the development of project plans and specifications, updates project budgets and schedules as the project evolves, and assists the Owner with the bidding (where applicable) and award of the project.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Regular personal interactions with contractors, designers, owners, relevant agencies, and Harris & Associates staff to discuss and resolve project matters. Ultimately responsible for the success of the project.
- Become knowledgeable of District standards and educational Facility specifications and apply these standards to project scope.
- Develop and verify project scope and cost estimates.
- Assist the District in developing new educational facility specifications and design standards.
- Review design to recommend alternative solutions whenever design details affect construction feasibility or schedules.
- Review and monitor the architect’s design schedule.
- Coordinate with the Division of State Architect (DSA) for reviews and approval of project designs as appropriate.
- Participate in the design task force. Attend and/or conduct meetings necessary for coordination with all interested stakeholders and parties.
- Attend and/or conduct meetings necessary for coordination with all interested stakeholders and parties.
- Conduct formal design reviews and value engineering sessions.
- Develop a construction delivery strategy that meets the District’s objectives for the Program and minimizes disruptions to the educational program.
- Develop project phasing and interim housing plans as required.
- Assist the District in the implementation of its Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) processes.
- Review construction design and specifications for accuracy and constructability.
- Assist project architect to identify and obtain all necessary regulatory agency approvals
- During the Construction Phase assist the District in maintaining communication and cooperation with various local, state, and federal agencies, as requested.
- Attend job site meetings with the contractor to assist the project architect to discuss and resolve field and administrative issues.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-10 years of project and program management experience with increasing responsibilities in each assignment.
- Experience with K-12 schools required
- Experience supporting Design Team
- College degree in engineering, construction management, or related area
- Additional certifications/licenses a plus
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays, and more.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status