Harris & Associates seeks a proposal/pursuit marketing coordinator to join our dynamic Strategic Pursuits team.
In this role, you will help prepare well-written proposals and creative marketing content to support our firm’s client management model. You will coordinate with internal teams to communicate the Harris value proposition, driving this message through our deliverables. You will thrive in this position if you enjoy the art of effective communication, knowing how to tell the stories of company projects and client relationships, collaborating with teams, and engaging in an ever-changing environment while making a positive impact on the pursuits you lead.
Harris & Associates is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today’s complex challenges in construction management, civil engineering, environmental services and public finance. Our offices and project sites span the west coast in California and Washington with a staff of nearly 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the education, transportation, water and municipal markets.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Proposal development and management: You will effectively manage and coordinate deadline-driven RFP/Qs in a collaborative team environment. This will include:
- Writing proposal content that reflects an understanding of the client’s needs and the Harris value proposition
- Working with technical teams to develop winning approaches and targeted messaging for business development materials, submittals, proposals and interviews. This will include:
- Writing compelling narratives that respond to RFP/RFQ, prequalification, and award questionnaires.
- Writing proposal sections and supporting documents in clear, precise, and persuasive copy that targets client needs.
- Revising, editing and proofreading copy for accuracy, efficacy, style, and for perfect grammar and mechanics.
- Editing inputs from internal stakeholders and external teaming partners
- Coordinating and controlling overall quality of submissions and review processes
- Printing and producing submissions and confirming submissions are delivered on time.
Graphic design. This will include:
- Collaborating with other members of the pursuit team to conceptualize and create visual elements to persuade the client;
- Producing infographics, charts and layouts for project proposals and statements of qualifications;
- Create client-centered, innovative and compelling presentation decks and supporting materials (such as boards, brochures, etc.)
- Ensure a creative yet consistent look that adheres to and supports the Harris brand
Knowledge and database management: You will support the team's ability to work efficiently and accurately by maintaining the CRM (Deltek Vantagepoint) database and other records. This will include:
- Creating and updating write-ups for projects, resumes, and boilerplate
- Updating the project photos digital library
- Inputting and updating sales pipeline marketing data for accurate reporting
- Prepositioning: Support client managers and internal stakeholders to prepare for specific project opportunities and develop relationships with our clients.
- Presentation development and coaching: Guide technical teams to deliver compelling presentations and benefit-focused responses in interviews.
- Serve as Harris ambassador with solid overview of Harris markets, services, and resources.
Above and beyond: You will be focused on personal and team development, and support efforts to streamline and improve processes and resources.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications, etc.)
- 1-3 years relevant experience, a plus
- Excellent writing, verbal and graphic communication and production skills.
- Takes complete ownership of assignments with commitment to best practices, high quality, and completion.
- Manages time and workload with a team-oriented approach to completing deadlines.
- Open to change. Identifies opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency.
- Flexible, responsive and confident multi-tasker able to work independently, handle multiple deadlines and accommodate shifting priorities.
- High-level knowledge of Microsoft Office, InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite and Deltek Vantagepoint.
- Experience within the Architecture, Engineering or Construction industry preferred
- Prior experience drafting and editing proposal sections in compliance with RFP requirements, a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.