Right of Way Coordinator
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Ever dreamt of having the biggest, most innovative transportation project in the country on your resume? That dream can now be your reality. We are hiring for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
If you are a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are looking for a Right of Way (ROW) Coordinator to join our dynamic PMCM team in Fresno.
- Maintain a schedule of the status of each parcel acquisition.
- Attend ROW status meetings to help understand the problems that are encountered and identify parcels where the progress has affected the need dates to support the construction activities.
- Work with the Contractor to review and comment on access maps (for the adjacent property
- owners) as required.
- Provide oversight of the Contractor’s temporary construction easements (TCE) activities so that proper access is available to meet the planned construction work schedule
- Check the Contractor’s ROW report submissions for Contract compliance
- Administer the change control process for the changes to the Baseline ROW Acquisition Plan as needed
- Monitor and record the Contractor’s actions following a change in the ROW Acquisition Plan
- Coordinate with the Director of Real Property to manage any excess or surplus land. If requested by the Contractor, excess land may be available for the Contractor’s use pending any environmental clearances, land use requirements, etc., as required.
- Transmit ROW certificates to the Contractor to authorize access to the ROW properties after notification by the Director of Real Property.
- Monitor the Contractor’s use of the sites to confirm that access has been formally granted and that requirements of the acquisition documents are being followed
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with Contract Documents and the schedule requirements
- Monitor the Contractor’s compliance with commencing construction only in areas that have been acquired and authorized by the Authority
- Review submittals to confirm required Right-of-Way (ROW) is being identified by the Contractor
- Review with the Authority’s ROW department the required ROW to accommodate utility relocations.
- Review ROW exhibits as required
- Interface with the Authority’s ROW department on Easement and CCUA/JUA
- Interface with the railroads to process Utility Crossing Applications.
- Assist with Coordination efforts with Excluded Third Parties
- Coordinate Design Deliverable Dates
- Coordinate Construction Deliverable Dates
- Interface with Service Relocations/Reconnections/Disconnects
- Track and Process RFI’s
- Review Easement Requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Construction Management
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management preferred
- Utility relocation experience required
- PG&E and AT&T experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $70-90K. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.