Engineering Project Manager, Water
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to join our Engineering Services team in our San Diego, CA office. This position is a key team member for the San Diego region with opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversight of multiple water, sewer, and/or stormwater capital infrastructure projects, including client management responsibilities, with specific focus on Harris pump station and pipeline projects.
- Lead design team(s) and oversee the development and delivery of capital infrastructure project plans and specifications.
- Develop technical proposals and fee estimates for potential opportunities with key or strategic clients.
- Independently delegate and coordinate work of engineers throughout entire project's development.
- Coordinate with marketing and technical leadership for business development.
- Monitor and control financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with the team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of the agreed-to scope of work, schedule, and budget.
- Some travel may be required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- California Professional Engineering license required
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience with 3 years minimum of project management experience
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Water, sewer, and/or stormwater projects experience is required; specific pipeline and pump station experience preferred
- Must have strong client and project management skills with knowledge of engineering business and management principles involved in the strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Demonstrates strong leadership, time management and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work with and balance priorities among multiple projects, as well as provide direction and mentorship to design and project engineers
- Dedicated to Harris & Associates Vision, Purpose, and Shared Values
- Previous experience with an engineering consulting firm is required, with preference for experience with public agency clients
Compensation and Benefits
Salary $120-180K B.O.E
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.