For more than 40 years, Harris & Associates has helped to improve communities and create better places to live through smart, safe, more sustainable planning, design and construction solutions. Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California and Washington with a staff of more than 230 employee owners focused on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
This is a $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
The Traffic Engineer is responsible for the oversight of the Contractor’s traffic related design activities for the CP1 Project. The TE will report to the Construction Oversight Manager. Key responsibilities of the TE include the following:
- Review and track traffic design plans for compliance with Contract Requirements including striping details, traffic signals, traffic signage, etc.
- Assist in the review of traffic control plans for compliance with MUTCD and local agency requirements.
- Mitigate traffic related issues with the local agencies.
- Collaborating with contractors or construction crews to adjust traffic flow during major road projects
- Analyzing traffic data to determine where congestion occurs and recommending solutions to reduce it
- Monitor construction of traffic control devices and effectiveness of traffic control plans.
- Review request for permits for new traffic related construction projects
- Reviewing and provide recommendations on RFIs as required by the Authority.
- Reviewing and provide recommendations on Change Notices as required.
- Reviewing and provide recommendations on Design Change Notices and Field Change Notices as required by the Authority.
- Participating in various task force design meetings to discuss design details and to resolve issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, transportation engineering or a related field.
- PE license preferred.
- TE I - 3+ years’ experience in traffic engineering or a related field. TE II – 10+ years’ experience in traffic engineering or a related field.
- Technical skills: Technical skills and knowledge to perform the above listed duties.
- Communication skills: Excellent written and verbal communication to explain design issues to clients and other engineers.
- Problem-solving skills: Knowledge to solve complex problems and find solutions to complex issues and improve the flow of traffic in an area.
- Analytical skills: Analytical skills are the ability to solve problems and make decisions based on the information available. Knowledge and analytical skills to determine the best solutions for traffic issues.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary B.O.E Traffic Engineer I ($100K - $140K) Traffic Engineer II ($140K - $160K)
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.