Regional Manager-Civil Engineering
- Los Angeles, CA
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
The primary responsibilities are to lead the civil engineering services in the Los Angeles Region with the goal of driving business growth, operational excellence, and project delivery success for local and regional clients. The Regional Manager will be responsible for providing business leadership to grow the core engineering business, adding backlog through new and existing clients, expanding the capabilities of the office; making business decisions, and accountable for office-level performance. The ideal candidate will have experience leading and supervising a multi-discipline team. This role will report to the Engineering Business Unit Leader and involves close coordination and collaboration with other discipline leaders and business lines.
- In collaboration with the Division President, Business Unit Leader, and Directors, develop and execute the strategic growth plan for the Los Angeles region, including developing and executing client outreach goals.
- Attracts and develops clients; maintains a close relationship with clients throughout and beyond the project term. An initial emphasis in the City of Los Angeles is preferred.
- Works in collaboration with Engineering Leadership to align operations and allocate resources according to strategic priorities – specifically works to align engineering priorities in the Los Angeles and Irvine offices.
- Negotiate favorable contract terms and conditions, manages achievement of cost of sales, backlog, and other related financial and business goals
- Proactively focuses on talent development, retention, and recruiting; including the morale of staff
- Involvement in local professional activities that bring positive attention to the firm
- Includes signing authority for all projects up to $1M,
- Interacts with senior leadership and external clients concerning matters of significance to the region
- Sets client outreach and direction in alignment with strategy and/or resource allocation decisions for a region
- Decisions have a serious impact on the overall success or failure of the region as well as can impact the engineering business line. Erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause critical delays or modifications to company projects or operations causing expenditure of time, resources, and funds.
- Responsible for employee engagement and leadership of the region for which they oversee
- The Los Angeles and Irvine Engineering Directors and Sr. Project Managers will report to the Regional Manager. Indirectly responsible for all engineering employees within Los Angeles and Irvine office locations.
- Responsible for establishing the region's budgets and for meeting revenue and profit goals. Revenue accountability between $2M-$4M.
- Responsible for establishing sales goals and implementing the Harris Client Management Process.
- Responsible for establishing utilization goals for the Los Angeles and Irvine staff in collaboration with Engineering Directors.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in Civil Engineering with 5+ years of leadership experience with staff and clients.
- A focus on Transportation is preferred but not required.
- City of Los Angeles experience
- Computer skills: MS Office Suite
- California PE
- Working knowledge and understanding of general civil engineering designs involving transportation, and water resources projects.
- working knowledge of local/municipal clients
- Client Management and business development processes
- Knowledge of key financial metrics with a deep understanding of how to deliver results in respect of these metrics
- Proven Business Development experience in engineering with a consulting firm, preferably in transportation
- Proven Operational experience with a consulting firm
- Agile response to fast-paced, complex work environment and organizational change
- Hiring and management of a diverse technical and business development staff
Compensation & Benefits
Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.