- Fresno, CA
- Full Time
- PMCM- PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (High Speed Rail)
- Mid Level
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, Hawaii, and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners focused on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Harris’ growing Environmental, Engineering, and Consulting Division does industry-leading work in environmental planning and compliance, community planning and housing solutions, engineering design, municipal and district finance, and one water solutions. Harris continues to expand the scope of these services while also building new capabilities in planning, climate change/adaptation, hazard mitigation, resilience, and management consulting. If you are a passionate and motivated professional looking for a collaborative environment at a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are looking to grow our team in Fresno CA that supports the High Speed Rail project and looking for a talented Environmental Field Auditor . The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and proven record of working collaboratively in a team environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct construction compliance monitoring.
- Provide sensitive species and habitat education to construction personnel.
- Vegetation community mapping, invasive species identification and mapping.
- Conduct general and focused biological surveys.
- Focused sensitive species surveys.
- Assist with data collection, entry, and management.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5 + years of Biological Permitting implementation experience
- 3 + years of Team leadership experience
- 2 + years of Biological Monitoring on a Construction
- 2+ years of Technical Writing Experience
- Agency Experience ideally with USFWS/CDFW/NMFS
- CDFW approved Designated Biologist (DB) for (2) Central Valley Species listed below
- California Triger Salamander
- Swainson’s Hawk
- or San Joaquin Kit Fox
- Knowledge of CEQA/NEPA and 401/404
- Implementing commitments under resource agency permits
- Proficient use of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Google Earth, and other related software.
- Experience with GPS units/software, ArcGIS, ArcCollector and sub-meter field data collection.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.