Deputy Project Manager, Municipal + District Finance
Harris & Associates is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in the planning, designing, and constructing of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 250 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are looking for a motivated Deputy Project Manager to grow our Municipal + District Finance Team in the areas of Development Impact Fees, District Formation and Administration, Fiscal and Economic Analysis, and Reimbursement Audits.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assists with managing all aspects of projects, including directing work products, interfacing with the client, overseeing junior staff, maintaining project schedules, and monitoring project budgets.
- Performs increasingly complex, specialized research and analyzes financial, accounting, operational, and statistical data and prepares reports summarizing results.
- Prepares written technical components for proposals, analyses, and assessments
- Develops complex financial, economic, and feasibility analyses and assessments, including recommendations and alternative options
- Prepares technical results for presentations to clients and government/elected officials of increasing sensitivity
- Assists with preparing client presentations and community outreach
- Interfaces with clients, the general public, and developers as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Urban Planning, Engineering or Public Administration.
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience with 3 directly on projects and programs related to development impact fees, district formation and administration, and land development projects including planning, entitlements, economic analysis, or utility rate studies.
- GIS experience and Database experience are a plus.
- Must be an analytical thinker, excellent writer, communicator, well-organized, and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to use MS Office including advanced Excel.
- Strong proficiency with written and oral communication skills for diverse audiences
- Must be able to multi-task and manage time to meet time-sensitive deadlines, interact with clients, train staff, oversee quality control, and make presentations to stakeholders.
- Basic proficiency with principles and practices of operational assessments and analysis, principles, methodologies, and practices of research and data collection.
- Some travel within California and Nevada may be required.
Compensation and Benefits
The annual salary range for this position is $90,000 to $110,000. This will be dependent on the experience, expertise, and geographic location of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.