Construction Inspector (Structures)
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Structures Rep to join our dynamic PMCM team for projects in Salinas, California.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Verifying bridge/highway projects are constructed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications (CALTRANS)
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating, and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes.
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections.
- Measure and record pay quantities.
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work.
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with abundant detail.
- Manage project photographic records.
- Maintain up-to-date project records, as delegated by construction manager. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and others as determined by construction manager.
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work orders.
- Utilize survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment.
- Coordinates the work in accordance with Structure Construction Manual
- Attends project meetings
- Makes recommendations for change order
- Assists in the preparation of monthly progress reports to client
- Reviews construction schedule
- Maintains record drawings
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in construction management of bridges/highway improvement projects and associated facilities constructed in accordance with Caltrans standards.
- OSC construction experience preferred
- BS/BA required in civil engineering or similar field
- Professional Engineering License
Compensation & Benefits
Hourly Wage B.O.E $75.00hr -$90.00hr
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.