Sr. Construction Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Construction Manager to join our growing Program and Construction Management Practice team as part of the Education sector program for the San Diego Unified School District.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Daily personal interactions with clients, designers, owners, contractors, inspectors, and authorities having jurisdiction on the project.
- Be the hub of the construction project responsible for its success and responsible for facilitating the resolution of all project issues in a fair but firm manner
- Assure project is constructed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, budget and schedule
- Observe, monitor and document the work of the contractor according to established Harris & Associates’ CM procedures (and/or the client)
- Manage all project correspondence both oral and written communications
- Manage RFIs, memos to the designer, field directives, clarification letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- 5+ years of construction/project management experience
- Bachelor degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or business; a Master’s degree is a plus.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with DSA a plus
- Experience with new construction and existing school buildings/facilities a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.