Project Biologist / Environmental Project Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring a Project Biologist / Environmental Project Manager for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Project Biologist/Environmental Project Manager:
Works under direction of the Environmental Manager and the Deputy Environmental Manager/Deputy Project Biologist:
- Maintains proactive coordination with interdisciplinary project team, external agencies as appropriate to the deliverable/task, and the client.
- Provide strategies and recommendations to ensure project completion and success.
- Act as proxy to the Deputy Environmental Manager or Environmental Manager as needed.
- Provide technical and interdisciplinary team oversight including management of subcontractors, quality control of work products, budge management, and schedule control.
- Review invoices, manage accounts receivable and work-in-progress to ensure prompt invoicing and payment; manage add-services proposals, and subcontractor invoices.
- Provide quality control and document review toward a "client-ready" product for all submitted documents.
- BA/BS + 7 years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
- Excellent organization, budget, and time-management skills.
- Applied knowledge of project management scheduling tools (such as Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, etc.).
- Applied knowledge of regulatory agency permitting laws and standard requirements.
- Applied knowledge of the CEQA/NEPA compliance
- Must be able to function well in a fast-paced, changing environment under demanding deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Ability to direct collection, analysis and interpretation of data and then develop recommendations and solutions to highly complex problems or those involving risk.
- Self-starter willing to tackle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Design Build project experience a plus.
- Mitigation compliance experience a plus.
- Field biology/survey experience a plus.
The salary range for this position is $78,000-$90,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.