Plan Check Engineer
Plan Check Engineer/ Project Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for an On-Call Plan Check Engineer to join our dynamic Municipal team in Ontario, CA. Staff Augmentation work to be performed in office with municipal Agency staff. Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work at Agency Office, as necessary.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Possess the knowledge and ability to work with municipal reference documents in conjunction with project plans and specifications
- May include minimal work in office with municipal Agency staff
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives
- Plan Check Water, Recycled Water, and Sewer plan set submittals
- Check for accuracy of design and adherence to Agency guidelines, standards, specifications, and check lists
- Evaluate design for constructability, maintainability, and operability of pipeline
- Track project budgets and prepare construction cost estimates
- Interface with Agency staff, inspectors, developers, engineers, and the public
- Meet tight deadlines, prioritize tasks quickly, and coordinate schedules with several concurrent projects.
- Site visits/meetings with applicant
- Track project’s milestones throughout plan check and construction cycle
Qualifications & Skills
- College Degree, Civil Engineering degree, required
- Professional Engineering License, preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant civil engineering, plan check, or pipeline design experience, preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.