Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 260 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Ever dreamt of having the biggest, most innovative transportation project in the country on your resume? That dream can now be your reality. We are hiring for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
We are looking for a Quality Engineer to join our dynamic PMCM team in Fresno. In this role you will serve as the Quality Oversight Engineer for the project and construction management of major rail transit projects.
- Analyze, evaluate, and plan methods of approach and organize means to achieve a solution to complex QA/QC problems.
- Develop and implement a Quality Management System and Quality Assurance Plan consistent with the client’s Quality Management Plan including the development of a statistical sampling program, audit and surveillance schedules, checklists, document comment tracking, and disposition.
- Coordinate Team Training to facilitate understanding of the standard project procedures.
- Review and comment on the Contractor’s Quality Manual.
- Support the Quality, Verification, and Validation and Self-Certification program in the field.
- Coordinate safety certification construction documentation.
- Review submittals and requests for information (RFIs).
- Review updated and final as-builts.
- Develop, issue, process, and manage non-conformance reports.
- Enforce the requirements of the Project Contract.
- Coordinate the administrative flow of project documents through Project Contract Management review and processing.
- Provide input to Quality Monthly Reports.
- Provide direction to the team and mentor them.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to perform at a lead capacity.
- Experience in construction management oversight for Design-Build projects with an understanding of the Verification, Validation, and Self-Certification process
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Team-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project)
Qualifications and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in construction management of rail transit systems or roadway/highway projects
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- P.E. in the State of California preferred
- Lean Six Sigma (preferred)
- Experience and/or training in standard audit processes preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $95,000 - $150,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.