Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets. Looking for a Quality Engineer to be a part of our dynamic Construction Management team in Fresno, CA
Ever dreamt of having the biggest, most innovative transportation project in the country on your resume? That dream can now be your reality. We are hiring for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be able to read and understand architectural, structural, and civil drawings
- Be able to redline drawings and pictures using adobe acrobat / bluebeam
- Provide support services for submittals, RFIs, and requests for contract change orders.
- Notify the Construction Manager and Quality Manager of any observed non-conformances and assist in the issuance of non-conformance reports as required.
- Assist with enforcing contract terms and conditions.
- Participate in and/or conduct audits and surveillances
- Maintain project logs
- Assist in detecting and resolving disputes and/or problems
- Verify that required tests, operations, measurements, and inspections are conducted and documented
- Witness testing of contract material, equipment, and installations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Five years of verifiable full-time experience in construction, including two years of experience in quality-related functions
- Familiarity with transit industry standards, practices, and regulations is helpful.
- A desire to work within a collaborative environment.
- A desire to achieve excellence.
- A desire to grow within a dynamic organization.
- Experience with Design-Build procurement methods, a plus.
- Experience in software packages including MS Office
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat, Plangrid, Bluebeam, a plus.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary $115K-$165K B.O.E
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.