Project Manager - Community Development & Housing
- Irvine, CA
- Full Time
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT & HOUSING
PROJECT MANAGER – COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AND HOUSING
Harris & Associates is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today’s complex challenges facing public agencies. Our mission is to partner with municipalities to analyze, plan and implement projects involving:
- Affordable, permanent supportive and transitional housing and market rate housing (including financial feasibility analysis for affordable housing projects, housing implementation programs, reporting and compliance, development underwriting/peer review, development agreements and negotiations, and grant funding applications and analysis).
- Catalyst economic development projects and programs.
- Economic analysis, market studies, real estate valuation and advisory services.
Our offices and project sites span the State of California with a staff of more than 200 employee-owners. If you want to join a collaborative, equitable, growing and dynamic organization that is open to new ideas, Harris is the place for you.
Harris is looking for a motivated Project Manager for our growing Community Development and Housing practice.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful management and completion of projects which include:
- Managing all aspects of projects, including directing work products, interfacing with the client, overseeing junior staff, maintaining project schedules, and monitoring project budgets.
- Mentoring and training staff.
- Assist in preparing proposals and working to grow the business.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Economics or related.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing public sector projects and programs (preferably as a consultant).
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in community development and housing consulting services such as housing planning and finance, development feasibility analysis, affordable housing and homelessness planning and funding, economic development analyses.
- Experience in business development including marketing and preparing proposals is desired.
- Multi-tasking and managing time to meet time-sensitive deadlines, interact with clients, train staff, oversee quality control, and make presentations to stakeholders.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including remote working (working in the office is optional), medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled employer.