Senior Construction Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for an experienced Construction Manager in the San Francisco Bay Area to manage building construction. The Construction Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Owner's contracts with the contractor, architect, and other consultants. Projects can occur all over the Bay Area. Typical work location will be at the jobsite in a trailer, but may also work out of a Harris office as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Interact daily with clients, designers, stakeholders, contractors, inspectors, and authorities having jurisdiction on the project
- Represent the Owner's interests on the project: responsible for its success, and facilitating the resolution of project issues in a fair but firm manner
- Working through the team, ensure project is constructed in accordance with approved plans, specifications, permits, budget, and schedule
- Coordinate and manage Harris sub-consultants, if any, as provided for in the Agreement
- Observe, monitor and document the work of the contractor according to our contract with the Owner and established Harris & Associates’ CM procedures. This includes management of all project correspondence (incoming and outgoing) ,including but not limited to oral and written communications, RFIs, Memos to Designer, Field Directives, Clarification Letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments
- Develop and distribute timely meeting agendas and minutes
- Develop project reports as defined by Harris’ scope of work
- Be safety monitor/mentor of Harris team working on project
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of CM project experience with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Architecture, or Civil Engineering preferred or a Bachelor’s degree plus a Certificate in Construction Management from CMAA, or an equivalent organization
- Experience with the University of California system highly desirable
- Additional Preferred Experience: Healthcare, Higher Education, Public Structures (Police, Fire, Community Centers, etc.)
- Experience as a Project Engineer or Project Manager for a building contractor
- Proficient in MS Suite of software, MS Project, Adobe or Bluebeam, Plangrid
- Preferred familiarity with Project Management software such as Newforma, eBuilder, Procore, etc.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range offered for this position is $150-195K. Actual pay offered will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.