Change Order/Claims Specialist
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring a Change Order/Claims Specialist for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist with Coordination of Claim and Change Management Documents with the Contractor
- Administering claims and change orders for the construction and design of California's High Speed Rail project
- Participate in the CP1 Design Build Contract Change Management Process
- Review and respond to Change Notices/Proposed Change Order Cost Proposals
- Research contract documents in preparation of Change Notice Responses
- Research contract documents in preparation of claim resolution
- Preparation of negotiation position papers/reports
- Provide support for Dispute Resolution meetings
- Assist in preparing Change Orders in support of all changes
- Claim avoidance and management
- Proactive risk/claim assessment and management for site construction contracts
- Provide proactively recommendations & advice on how to avoid any additional cost and where not possible, how to minimize the costs of legitimate claims
- Attend Project Meetings as necessary
- Interface with Project Contract Management team (PCM), including interfacing with project team leads including environmental, right-of-way, design, utility coordination, safety and construction in preparation of change orders for work outside of contract project scope
- Interface with California High Speed Rail and Design Build Contractor staff as necessary for claim management and negotiation of change orders
Qualifications & Skills
- College degree in civil engineering, required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant claim management, civil engineering experience, but not limited to construction management or project management experience
- Caltrans experience or experience working with Caltrans standards
- Have proven claims experience in a construction environment
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision
- Must be able to utilize independent judgment and initiative to achieve project objectives and work on a construction site with limited amenities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
B.O.E 120K -$165K
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.