Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Lead designs, manage teams, provide QA/QC on linear infrastructure and pump station projects. Apply knowledge of infrastructure design, engineering principles, state regulations, and agency requirements to the review process. Offer expertise as a principal engineer. Develop business and interact regularly with clients.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Produce design contract documents independently and/or working with teams on infrastructure projects.
- Check work to ensure accuracy, quality, and thoroughness.
- Use sound technical judgment to perform duties and knows when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research.
- Remain up-to-date in knowledge of local agency regulations, procedures and design standards.
- Monitor project budget, schedule, and quality, and reports concerns promptly to the supervisor.
- Effectively interact with peers and clients through written and verbal communication.
- Research and write reports relating to project assignments.
- Make verbal presentations at client or Harris meetings.
- Supervise, train, or mentor staff as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, and other software
- Written and verbal communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, interface with clients, and deliver presentations on occasion.
- Technical skills appropriate for the type of projects assigned.
- Knowledge of state and local laws, regulations, procedures and design standard
- Four-year degree in civil engineering
- 20-25 year’s experience in engineering design
- Professional Engineering license in the State of California