Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Project Manager to join our team in the City of Ontario, California.
The Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Effectively interacts with peers, clients, and sub-consultants through written and oral communication.
- Performs engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work.
- Prepares/reviews design plans, specifications and estimates
- Review of Improvement Plans & Project Reports
- Reviewing documents with storm drain, water, sewer, grading, wqmp, hydrology/hydraulics, etc.
- Researches and writes reports relating to the project assignment.
- Makes oral presentations at client and/or Harris meetings.
- Responsible for Client Management and project metrics.
- Mentors staff and provides guidance.
- Reviewing Development Plan Checks.
- Supports Directors and provides input on growth strategies.
- Leads proposal efforts and responsible for positioning the firm to win pursuits.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of Municipal Engineering and public project delivery.
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations
- High level technical and project management skills appropriate for the type of engineering tasks assigned and ability and willingness to train and mentor other staff in the development of technical skills.
- Demonstrate team leadership. Ability to lead projects.
- Manages time allotted to one or more projects, including budget, quality and schedule.
- Uses engineering judgment to perform duties and knows when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research.
- Is skilled with project budget, schedule, and quality, and reports concerns promptly to the Project Director(s).
- 5+ years of municipal engineering and public project delivery experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering degree or other related degree, required
- California Professional Civil Engineers license Required
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.