Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our team in Orange County California. This is one among multiple positions available.
The Electrical Engineer will provide oversight of all electrical installation, including:
- Installing intelligent transportation systems elements, such as ramp metering systems, CCTV systems, electrical systems, highway advisory radio (HAR) system, communication Systems (wireless, hardwired & fiber-optics),
- Overseeing the installation of changeable message signs, vehicle detection systems, traffic signal systems, transit signal priority, emergency vehicle priority, etc.
- Consulting and soliciting local traffic signal timing engineers to coordinate programming and adjustment of all traffic signalized intersection during construction staging/phasing to accommodate reconstruction of over-crossings and all local arterials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of overall experience providing Electrical Engineering support on similar complex highway/bridge construction project.
- Thorough knowledge of Caltrans electrical and intelligent transportation systems, experience in Caltrans districts 12, 7 or 8 preferred.
- College degree and additional certifications preferred
- Licensed Electrical Engineer in the State of California required
- Ability to perform verification/calculation to check the various elements of traffic control systems as used in Contractor’s temporary/permanent works, and as directed by RE.
- Provide consultation on complex contract interpretation issues as called upon by the RE.
- Act as an advisor to the RE.
- Ability to make effective decisions concerning field problems and work in progress.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.