SVP, Business Development & Strategic Growth (AEC Industry Experience Required)
The Senior Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Growth (SVP, BD) will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
The SVP BD, plays a key role in developing ways to deepen and expand our core capabilities, clients, and services with correlating strategies to achieve desired results. The individual will focus on improving how Harris subject matter experts (seller-doers) best position for and win the type of work required to execute Harris’ strategy, including supporting the achievement of strategic growth initiatives.
This leader will provide and leverage market/business intelligence to support strategies and decision-making for:
- Improving our approach to winning more work with our core clients,
- Determining where we may want to expand (e.g. client markets, geographies, services)
- Ensuring we are winning the type of work that moves us forward commensurate to our strategic plan.
Contribute to Growth
- Leading efforts to ensure sales, sales pipeline and win rates tie to annual budget goals. Along with the leadership team, work on sales initiatives that meet profit targets.
- Provide value-added focus on significant strategic growth pursuits and key client management.
- Partner and serve as a catalyst to align and optimize cross-functional team's BD activities.
- Develop a greater overview and understanding of our core clients (Top 10) and act on the insights that this analysis provides.
- Train and develop client managers and market leaders in business development and marketing, ensuring a strong foundation and greater depth of capabilities in the Firm.
Drive Annual Strategic Planning Process + Execution
- Ensure formal linkage between strategic plan/vision and client management/sales priorities.
- Develop methods for evaluating and providing competitive market intelligence, financial analyses, and emerging business and industry trends.
- Develop and track KPIs for sales and marketing efforts; demonstrate improvement over time.
- Uncover ways to leverage existing capabilities and client relationships to maximize revenue and growth.
- Collaborate with leadership, client managers, and key staff to execute Division and Business Unit level business development strategies; monitoring execution and identifying risks; ensuring suitable metrics are in place to measure business development and growth performance and progress.
Mature the Firmwide Growth Strategy
- Enhance strategies to purposefully outline Harris' future growth.
- Develop strategic approach and action plan to expand key client and/or geographic market sector trusted advisor relationships.
- Collaborate with CFO to develop a long-term capital growth plan in line with the strategy.
Advance Client Management Process and Collaboration
- Identify market opportunities and strategic potential clients.
- Work with client managers to develop winning strategies for key pursuits focused on key growth areas.
- Participate in industry-related professional organizations, conferences, and represent the Firm at key stakeholder events.
- Facilitate Directors and Business Unit Leaders ongoing contact with networks such as: cities, agencies, government entities, professional organizations, potential teaming partners and others.
- Promote client management coordination and collaboration across the Firm.
- Analyze market dynamics, market share changes, critical capability requirements, and competitive intelligence. Communicate resulting key insights and actions.
- Clarify all marketing activities come from a specific value proposition to be utilized by client managers as context to improve nurturing the trusted advisor relationship and increasing key must wins.
- Elevate the focus of all business development activities to maintain Harris’ value proposition and strategic alignment.
- Proactively identify priorities for new growth initiatives, strategic partnerships, and potential acquisition targets.
- In partnership with executive leadership, support the M&A integration process and manage client relationships through transition.
- A bachelor's degree is required. A master's degree in marketing, finance, business management or another relevant field is strongly preferred.
- Experience leading the strategy function or another complex organization. Demonstrated success-driving strategy from design to implementation with balanced abilities in innovation and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding in trends in the AEC industry. Exposure to the industry and understanding of subsectors with the ability to translate Harris’ purpose and vision into new revenue streams and diversification opportunities.
- Experience leveraging data, analytic capabilities, market insights, and risk assessments to design and drive market and value-based pricing strategies. Has a bias for digitization, automation, and technology-enabled solutions.
- Experience leading business development, screening deals, developing a business case, and coordinating resources internally.
- Exemplary business development and client management capabilities with a proven track record of building business in the AEC industry
- Understands key areas of marketing, sales, client service, and revenue generation, and how they intersect in a professional services business to create profitability.
- Highly persuasive with the ability to articulate the future value proposition of a combined entity with potential M&A targets to clients.
- Possess a diverse skill set, blending technical expertise and business intelligence with a range of soft skills that complement leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills required to initiate and develop productive working partnerships; both internally and externally.
- Technologically savvy.
- Outstanding presentation, written, and verbal communication skills and executive presence.
- Able to build strong partnerships and networks while balancing stakeholders needs.
- Ability to operate consistent with our Firm’s Shared Values and drive growth consistent with Harris’ Purpose and Vision.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range for this position is $250,000-$276,000. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.