Project Engineer II/III
Senior Project Engineer
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Senior Project Engineer to join our dynamic Design & Engineering team. The position requires a general knowledge of water, wastewater, and/or transportation project work including engineering concepts, an understanding of producing Construction Contract Documents (i.e. front-end documents, technical specifications, and construction drawings), and the ability to utilize CAD for leading and developing design projects.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Act as and be responsible for design and technical leadership on projects;
- Provide team management and guidance of design engineers and project engineers on projects from conception through engineering support during construction.
- Regular personal interactions with clients, contractors, stakeholders, relevant agencies, and Harris & Associates teams to discuss and resolve project technical matters.
- Responsible for the technical success (design and engineering obligations) of the project.
- Responsible for technical standards compliance, including the use of Client CAD and/or Civil 3D standards.
- Oversee the Scope of Work and technical deliverables of Harris’ sub-consultants.
- Prepare Technical Memorandums and project-related Engineering Reports.
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of AutoCAD or Microstation experience
- Minimum of 7 years of design and engineering experience
- Bachelor degree in civil engineering, required
- California P.E. license or other state P.E. license with obtainable CA within one year from date of hire
Salary BOE $110K-$140K
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.