Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Project Manager to join our dynamic PMCM team in Concord, California but the jobsite is located in Santa Rosa, CA.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage Design Phase of the project
- Work with Design team to secure approval from DSA
- Be onsite (Santa Rosa) and manage project through construction
- Oversee all aspects of project construction to ensure that the project is complete on time and within budget
- Manage weekly project construction meetings
- Review and process monthly contractor payment applications
- Review and negotiate any potential change orders
- Provide weekly updates to Capital Project Director
- Provide monthly project updates to Board of Trustees
- Managing tasks and relationships with outside agencies such as the CA Division of State Architect (DSA), the local Fire Marshall and the City of Santa Rosa.
- Coordinate meetings with other District departments such as Facilities, Purchasing, Environmental Health & Safety, District Police, IT and Media Services
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or other related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with interpreting construction documents such as specifications and plans
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a Project Manager managing construction projects with a value greater than $50 Million
- Experience with Division of State Architect (DSA) projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with Inspectors, Architects, Construction Workers, Contract Managers, College Directors and other personnel
- Ability to maintain a healthy working relationship amongst all named above
- PE Licensed, Preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.