CONSTRUCTION MANAGER- Pipeline/Pump Station
For more than 40 years, Harris & Associates has helped to improve communities and create better places to live through smart, safe, more sustainable planning, design and construction solutions. Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, Hawaii, and Washington with a staff of over 230 employee-owners focused on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets. Harris & Associates is looking for a Project Manager with Pipeline/Pump Station to join our team in San Diego.
The primary duties of the Construction Manager - Pipeline/Pump Station include but are not limited to planning, directing, and monitoring technical aspects of larger and mid-sized pump station and pipeline design projects which contain a high degree of technical complexity.
- Involved with client relationships with specific focus on relaying Harris’s pump station and pipeline credentials.
- Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance planning team throughout entire project's development.
- May be involved with coordinating staffing and workload of staff through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
- Coordinates with marketing and technical leadership for business Development
- Will work with Project Management team and the Director or Business Unit Leader for project reviews.
- Responsible for implementing QA/QC procedures and for the execution including inspections
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Coordinate workload throughout entire project development, and ensure completion of documents on schedule
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of agreed-to schedule
- Some travel may be required
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar field
- PE is a plus
- 7+ years design experience working on complex water and wastewater pumping stations and pipelines
- Strong client and project management skills are required.
- Large diameter pipeline and pump station experience.
- Project Inspection experience
- Demonstrates leadership and communication skills.
- Strong technical leadership, mentoring and project management background.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Dedicated to Harris & Associates Vision, Purpose, and Shared Values
- Previous experience with an Engineering Consulting firm is desired
- Local to the San Diego, CA
Compensation & Benefits
Salary $120K-$158K B.O.E
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.