Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to join our Engineering Services team in our Los Angeles, CA office. This position is a key leadership role for the LA region with opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversight of multiple municipal projects and client management responsibilities
- Lead the Design team and oversee the development and delivery of municipal infrastructure project plans and specifications
- Develops and implements budgets, construction estimates, and schedules
- Able to lead public meetings, including presentations to elected officials
- Fulfill tasks as requested by the Owner and building the Client relationships
- Independently coordinate work of engineers and balance planning team throughout entire project's development.
- Coordinating staff and workload through the entire project development to complete documents on schedule.
- Coordinates with marketing and technical leadership for business Development
- Will work with the Project Management Team and the Director or Business Unit Leader for project reviews.
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Track financial aspects of projects, and coordinate and adjust work effort with the team to ensure that work is completed within parameters of the agreed-to schedule
- Some travel may be required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering or similar field
- California Professional Engineering license required
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering experience
- Transportation OR Water project experience is required
- Strong client and project management skills are required.
- Demonstrates leadership and communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work with and balance priorities among multiple projects, as well as provide direction and mentorship to design engineers
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal communication, and time management skills
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in the strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Dedicated to Harris & Associates Vision, Purpose, and Shared Values
- Previous experience with an Engineering Consulting firm is desired
- Local to the Los Angeles area in California
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.