Civil Project Engineer
Civil Project Engineer (Transportation OR Water)
For over 40 years, Harris & Associates has helped to improve communities and create better places to live through smart, safe, more sustainable planning, design and construction solutions. Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee owners focused on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
Harris is looking for a Transportation OR Water Civil Project Engineer to join our dynamic Design & Engineering team in Concord, California. Under direct supervision, the Project Engineer will provide engineering support to Civil Engineers and Project Managers with the preparation of plans, engineering analyses and peer review plans and analyses done by others.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Collecting field data, traffic counts, and other research
- Conducting a variety of traffic related studies, technical analyses & providing technical support for meetings
- Coordinating, managing, and designing traffic and capital improvement projects.
- Preparing transportation-related plans and graphics & technical reports
- Assisting in the preparation and review of engineering plans, specifications and legal documents, correspondences, reports and proposals.
- Preparing quantities and construction cost estimates
- Traveling to job sites for site visits, data collection, and meetings, as required
- Other duties as directed by senior staff
- Serving as a liaison on behalf of various cities to private engineers, surveyors, developers, other public agency employees and engineers, and the general public.
- Coordinating and overseeing the work of sub-consultants; explaining procedures, checking work for conformance with standards.
- Coordinating with state, county, utility companies, and other agencies for project approval and construction.
- Representing Harris and Associates and various cities at a variety of meetings.
- Assisting in the administration of State and Federal grant funding applications.
- Coordinating, managing, and designing land development, traffic, and capital improvement projects.
- Assisting with project construction management and administration.
- Assisting with the review of development of design plans, specifications, and estimates for the construction of master planned pavement rehabilitation/street improvement projects.
- Assisting with the designs of roadway, traffic signals, street light, and signing and striping installations.
- Assisting in responding to public request.
- Assisting with the issuance of encroachment permits for various cities.
- Assisting with the preparation of proposals and other marketing documents
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a related field
- 4 + years of engineering work experience with a minimum of 6 months of experience focused in the field of civil and/or traffic engineering and transportation planning.
- EIT in California
- Computer skills preferred including AutoCAD, Civil 3-D, Microstation, Word, Excel
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Written and oral communication skills sufficient to prepare project documentation and correspondence, interact effectively with other team members, occasionally interface with clients, and deliver client, public, or internal team presentations on occasion.
- Valid CA Driver’s License
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.