Sr. Project/Construction Manager
- Monterey County, CA
- Full Time
- PMCM- PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you are a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Senior Project/Construction Manager to join our dynamic Program & Construction Management team in the Monterey County area.
Responsibilities & Duties
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare/review RFI’s, Submittals & Daily Inspection Reports, filing, etc.
- Daily communication with developers, contractors, inspectors & client
- Review engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability and completeness for compliance
- Prepare memos, emails, meeting minutes, etc.
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with abundant detail
- Manage project photographic records
- Coordinate with project team to maintain up-to-date project records. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and project correspondence
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work order
- Confer with the contractor, designer, owner, and/or relevant authorities to explain the basis for the issuance of the above-referenced notices and most importantly, to discuss acceptable corrective actions
- Other duties as required by the terms of our contract with the client
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 8 years of engineering field work experience with increasing responsibilities over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field
- Registered Professional Engineer, Civil, preferred, but not required
- Inspection certifications are highly desirable
- Underground utilities (water, storm, wastewater, power) concrete, civil structures experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong administration skills
- Transportation Project experience
- Experience with reviewing engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability and completeness for compliance
- Proficient in Word, Excel & Bluebeam software
- Overall Team Leader
- Ability to create and maintain a team approach to problem-solving
- Proactive attitude