Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Come be a part of our dynamic Construction Management team on the largest transportation project in Fresno, CA. This role will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled construction management professionals to provide oversight management of the Design-Build contractor’s activities along with management of client activities needed to progress the work. The successful candidate will oversee approximately $600M of work in a segment of the project while maintaining high-quality client service and interactions.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manage a team to provide oversight of Design-Builder activities and ensure completion of necessary requirements for progress of the work.
- Coordinate with Client to resolve issues and prevent impact to the schedule
- Provide and present segment work summary including progress, milestones, potential changes, issues, and recommended resolution measures to the Client.
- Manage Right-of-Way (ROW) activities including parcel transfers, additional ROW requests and Weekly ROW acquisition reports.
- Ensure project safety with PCM, Contractor and Client.
- Coordinate with 3rd Party Management team to ensure completion of 3rd Party activities.
- Coordinate with QC/QA team to ensure QC/QA oversight of work is completed per schedule.
- Review of design submittals, civil and structural, and supporting documentation.
- Review and provide recommendations on RFIs.
- Review and provide recommendations on potential changes.
- Review and evaluate Value Assist in reviewing monthly payment requests.
- Engineer proposals and provide a recommendation to the Authority.
Qualifications & Skills
- 15+ years of relevant construction experience (Transportation work is a plus)
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 10+ years of managing and leading others
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management required
- Professional Civil Engineering license in California preferred
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.