Project Executive/Senior Construction Manager (Transportation)
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
This role will be responsible for leading a team of highly skilled construction management professionals to deliver multi-billion dollar design-build projects for Harris & Associates. The successful candidate will oversee all aspects of design-builders construction activities and PCM activities while maintaining high-quality client service and interactions and directly report to the Construction Oversight Manager.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee Design-Builder construction activities.
- Assist Construction Manager during the design phase from schematic drawings to 100% construction drawings, assembly of specifications by interacting with designers and stakeholders.
- Perform technical due diligence review of design submittals, civil and structural, and supporting documentation.
- Effective communication with various agencies, stakeholders. Prepare agenda and presentation for community and client meetings.
- Coordinate safety certification documentation with the client
- Review and provide recommendations on RFIs as required by the client.
- Review and provide recommendations on Change Notices as required.
- Review and provide recommendations on Design Change Notices and Field Change Notices as required by the client.
- Participate in various task force design meetings to discuss design details and to resolve issues.
- Collect information and data for Potential/Executed Change Orders pursuant to the client's request.
- Review and evaluate Value Assist in reviewing monthly payment requests.
- Ability to prepare contract correspondences, prepare correspondences and defend agency’s position with DRB, prepare position papers for DRB/Arbitration and claim resolutions.
- Ability to prepare, review and analyze baseline CPM, prepare necessary reports and be able to analyze Time Impact Analysis.
- Coordinate and inspect contractor work while project is in progress, safety, quality assurance of materials
- Assist the Construction Manager with controlling and monitoring project budget & schedule
- Coordinate and facilitate relocation of utilities by third parties during construction
- Represent the client on final job walks; facilitate project acceptance by stakeholders; prepare and submit As-Built plans to the client at the completion of construction.
- Contribute feedback that might make work safer, cheaper, cleaner, lower impact or any other way improve the operational success of the projects
- Ability to work independently, make effective decisions concerning construction work in progress, and solve field problems.
- A thorough understanding of SWPPP compliance. Certified as a Qualified SWPPP Developer or Practitioner is desired.
- A thorough understanding of Cal-OSHA practices and procedures. OSHA 30 certificate is desired.
- A thorough understanding of American with Disability Act (ADA) is desired
- A thorough understanding of Caltrans field methods, practices, and construction office procedures.
- Assign field personnel to specific project tasks.
- Monitor and track Contractor progress.
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Act as prime field contact between various project stakeholders and the client
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant construction experience
- 10+ years of project management experience
- 10+ years of managing and leading others
- Experience working on major construction contracts, Express Lanes/managed lanes project, HOV, Grade Separations, major freeway widening projects, alternate delivery projects such as DB, CMGC, PDB and/or design-bid-built.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering is preferred
- Professional Civil Engineering license in California preferred
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range for this position is $300-350K. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.