Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Director of Information Technology to join our dynamic Information Technology team in our Concord Office.
Overall Position Description
The Director of Information Technology provides the vision and leadership for designing, developing and implementing IT initiatives that create the employee value proposition as a differentiator. Responsibilities include influencing and directing the Company’s IT infrastructure and applications evolution to ensure key business strategies and processes are driven by systems that enable change, growth and flexibility. The Director must ensure our IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost efficient, and strategically sound, reflecting business needs and best practice in creating value for the company and our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead, develop and implement IT initiatives that enable the Company to compete more vigorously and more profitably in a constantly changing and demanding marketplace
- Translates the company vision into IT systems and procedures, articulating this critical link to the company stakeholders including the Executive Team, IT staff and employees
- Coach, manage and develop IT staff
- Lead and coordinate development of our infrastructure to ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by systems that enable growth and flexibility
- Develop plans and budgets in light of internal work needs and approved projects
- Oversee analysis and evaluation of staffing requirements to fulfill business requirements including directing the evaluation of make vs. buy decisions as they relate to outsourcing vs. in-house provisioning and identifying and developing strategic partnerships with key IT suppliers, licenses and contracts, vendors and consultant organizations
Efficiency & Effectiveness:
- Ensure availability of necessary application systems to support business and operation needs
- Establish and measure IT performance relative to cost, value creation and customer satisfaction in the key areas of operating systems, telecommunications, network management and desktop support
- Optimize our return on our IT investment by acquiring cost-justified IT components, as measured by performance, support availability, price, upgradeability, and future industry trends
- Protect the company and its operations against IT risks, including unauthorized access to information, data integrity problems, loss of processing capability, and poor service levels
Qualifications and Skills
- 4-year college degree
- MBA desired
- 10+ years of IT Management experience in a progressive multi-site BYOD end user environment required
- 15+ years of total IT experience including computer operations management, multiple roles in systems implementation, supervision of technical personnel, architecture, security/compliance, business-wide strategic planning, disaster recovery, contingency planning and budgetary responsibility, required
- Well-rounded business background with a broad understanding AEC, marketing, and financials; Profit and loss (P&L) orientation
- Verifiable track record of effective leadership which includes strong strategic thinking and successful execution with technical and intellectual resources
- Ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organization
- Competency in change management/mastery
Technical Skills / Technical Environment:
- Cloud first orientation including Azure Integration, SSO, VDI, and use of Cloud, PAAS, and IAAS technologies
- Experience with the Microsoft technology stack (AD, Exchange, Skype for Business, Office, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Solid infrastructure knowledge including SDWan, Firewalls, and hyper-converged computing environment
- Familiarity with Deltek, Newforma, and Dropbox
- Experience in a SQL / .NET environment a plus
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability)