Sr Construction Manager - Healthcare
- Cupertino, CA
- Full Time
- PMCM- PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Construction Manager with Department of Health Care Access and Information (HCAI) (formerly known as OSHPD) experience.
The Senior Construction Manager will manage healthcare related construction projects to achieve client satisfaction in accordance with the firm’s vision statement and policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage construction projects and construction related services on behalf of our clients
- Understand the client’s goals and expectations in order to develop and maintain the best possible professional relationship with the client and project team
- Represent the Owner’s and projects best interest at all times
- Communicate with client, design teams, construction contractors, agencies, and other project stakeholders to achieve project success for all
- Proactively work on solutions to project related challenges. Track issues to resolution
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of California OSHPD experience
- Minimum 5+ years of healthcare construction experience
- Minimum 10+ years of Project/Construction Management experience
- Good communication skills and the ability to work without direct supervision are required.
- BS/MS Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or 20+ years in construction related roles of increasing responsibilities
- Experience with HCAI, Administrative Code, applicable NFPA Codes, and Local Building Codes as applied to ongoing planning, alteration, and renovation projects and the ability to successfully work with governmental agencies
- Project Controls: budgeting, scheduling, RFI and submittal tracking
- Knowledge of building systems and codes sufficient to plan, direct and manage projects incorporating sophisticated designs
- Demonstrated history of success in leading a team and managing projects, including the ability to monitor, adjust and maintain scope, schedule and budget for medium to large size projects under different delivery methods, such as CM at Risk, Design Assist, Design Build, Design/Bid/Build, etc.
- Working knowledge of construction trade practices & safety requirements
- Ability to travel within San Francisco Bay Area
Additional Preferred Experience
- Skilled Nursing facilities experience a plus
- Professional Engineer and/or License Architect in California a plus
- Primavera (P6), Newforma, eBuilder, or other online management software
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.