Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you are a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Construction Manager with construction inspection experience to join our dynamic Program & Construction Management team in the general Contra Costa area.
Responsibilities & Duties
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare/review RFI’s, Submittals & Daily Inspection Reports, filing, etc.
- Daily communication with developers, contractors, inspectors & client
- Review engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability and completeness for compliance
- Prepare memos, emails, meeting minutes, etc.
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating, and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with abundant detail
- Manage project photographic records
- Maintain up-to-date project records, as delegated by construction manager. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and others as determined by construction manager
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work order
- Confer with the contractor, designer, owner, and/or relevant authorities to explain the basis for the issuance of the above referenced notices and most importantly, to discuss acceptable corrective actions
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of engineering experience with increasing responsibilities over time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or similar field
- Registered Professional Engineer, Civil
- At least 3 years of municipality construction inspection experience
- Inspection certifications highly desirable
- At least 3 years of Resident Engineer experience
- Underground, concrete, structure and electrical experience a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong administration skills
- Experience with reviewing engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability and completeness for compliance
- Proficient in Word, Excel & Bluebeam software
- Overall Team Leader
- Ability to create and maintain a team approach to problem solving
- Proactive attitude
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.