Construction Inspector/ Assistant Construction Manager
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you are a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Construction Inspector to join our Program & Construction Management team in Salinas, California area.
Responsibilities & Duties
The Construction Inspector responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating, and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes.
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections.
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work.
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with abundant detail
- Manage project photographic records.
- Maintain up-to-date project records, as delegated by construction manager. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and others as determined by construction manager.
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work orders. Confer with the contractor, designer, owner, and/or relevant authorities to explain the basis for the issuance of the above referenced notices and most importantly, to discuss acceptable corrective actions.
- Utilize survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment.
Qualifications & Skills
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent education; a Bachelor’s degree in a related field a plus.
- 8+ years of construction experience in a diverse construction environment.
- Inspection certifications highly desirable.
- Spend considerable time in the field, reviewing contractor’s work procedures and methods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Compensation & Benefits
The salary range offered for this position is $80K-110K. The actual salary offered will be dependent on the skills and experience of the selected candidate.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital status, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.