Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are actively seeking an experienced Senior Project/Construction Manager for a heavy civil engineering project located in the South Bay Area to make an impact on the future by building stronger communities. This is a position will be the primary point of contact for the client and is a high-profile project management role at Harris. As part of a collaborative team, the ideal construction manager will be responsible for leading and managing the successful delivery of water related infrastructure projects. This role will work in partnership with Harris staff to establish and bolster strong client relationships focused on generating successful project outcomes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with managing all aspects of medium to large infrastructure projects with a focus on issue resolution during the construction phase of the project. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of CPM scheduling and change management. Experience with storm water, water and, water reuse facilities; pump stations; and water conveyance projects a desirable.
- Manage and administer the construction of medium to large water utility or similar infrastructure projects. Position will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the project as the on-site resident engineer.
- Oversees the performance of construction contractors; ensuring deliverables are completed per construction plans, specifications, budget, and schedule.
- Review engineering drawings and contract specifications for accuracy, constructability, and completeness; evaluates/monitors project progress and ensures compliance with plans, material specifications, and schedule, tracks and controls construction cost against the project budget, process change orders, and participates in claims reviews.
- Interact regularly with Harris’ field office staff, clients, and contractors to build strong relationships, ensure alignment, and productively resolve project issues.
- Coordinate and manage all Harris sub-consultants (if applicable).
- Monitor and document the work of the contractor according to established Harris & Associates’ construction management and safety procedures, this includes management of all project communications and correspondence, including but not limited to: RFIs, Memos to Designer, Field Directives, Clarification Letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments.
- Create, maintain and share project reports in a timely professional manner.
- Minimum of 10 - 15 years of construction management / project management experience in water utility and watershed capital improvement projects.
- Previous experience working with large client organizations at all levels up to senior management (primarily public agencies), working on and managing projects for municipal and wastewater clients.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction management standards of practices including time management, cost management, quality management, and risk management.
- Understanding construction contract law, engineering sciences and delivery methods, and familiarity with construction scheduling processes, safety, materials, means and methods of construction.
- Previous experience managing multi-discipline project teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Construction Management or a related Engineering field.
- Strongly preferred registered Professional Civil Engineer (PE) and Certified Construction Manager (CCM).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, experience with Newforma a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, networking and team building skills.
- Creative problem solver with a high degree of change agility.
- Ability to create and maintain a team approach to problem solving.
- Experience with infrastructure projects including utilities, roads and highways, flood control and drainage, and pipelines. Community facilities, and community development projects, a plus.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.