Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for an experienced, motivated Contract Administrator to serve in the role of office administration on the High Speed Rail project in Fresno, CA. This individual will track, review, and administer a wide variety of contract documents, coordinating with agency contract administration staff, project management staff, and other project team members to establish and maintain an efficient workflow. The ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills, an innate ability to grasp and resolve complex issues, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work on a tight schedule.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work under the direction of Contracts Manager
- Assist with coordination of change management documents with the Contractor
- Review contract documents (plans, project/technical specifications, engineering reports) and validate the merit of contract changes
- Review, organize and respond to relevant correspondence documenting construction issues
- Review time and materials/force account work in coordination with field inspection staff
- Assist in preparation of merit documents, negotiation strategies, negotiation summaries, and Contract Change Order documentation
- Work with Agency Contract Administration and Project Management staff
- Coordinate response timeframes for change management and task order documents
- Coordinate and draft responses for review
- Coordinate scoping/quantity/negotiation meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, prepare exhibits, and assist in preparing presentations
- Interface with team members in preparation of change orders for work outside of contract requirements.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of relevant experience, construction experience preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or related field (preferred)
- Extremely organized and able to schedule multiple calendars
- Adept with online collaboration tools such as Construction Management Administration Database software and Sharepoint
- Proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project)
- Capable of grasping complex issues
- Flexible in job assignments and responsibilities
- Able to exercise diplomacy in pursuit of effective collaboration
- A skilled oral and written communicator
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.