Hazardous Waste/Stormwater Pollution Prevention Specialist
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
We are hiring an Hazardous Waste/Stormwater Pollution Prevention Specialist for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates and PGH Wong are the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Hazardous Waste/Stormwater Pollution Prevention Specialist (Engineering Geologist)
Works under direction of the Environmental Manager and the Environmental Manager Deputy:
- Prepare project planning documents (work plans, quality control plans, health and safety plans, sampling and analysis plans).
- Conduct field work preparation (procuring subcontracts, materials and equipment, and scheduling subcontractors/vendors).
- Support remediation programs through analysis of remedial alternatives, evaluation of remedial performance data, and remediation system optimization.
- Compile and interpret complex technical data, and prepare technical memorandums and project reports as the principal author; respond to internal, client and regulatory comments.
- Work and communicate in a team environment to ensuring quality project execution.
- Ability to perform soil, groundwater, sediment, surface water, air, and waste characterization sampling.
- Knowledge of operation maintenance of soil and groundwater remedial systems.
- Conduct lithological/soil classifications per standard references Complete required field documentation.
- Critically think and make sound decisions to troubleshoot issues while working in the field.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Engineering, or related Environmental Science field + 5 years
- of environmental assessment/remediation field experience.
- Experience with assessment and remedial programs under CERCLA and RCRA regulations.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities to ensure compliance with project requirements.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, build rapport with clients, and remain
- responsive to client needs and expectations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with the project team, customers, and stakeholders.
- Ability to follow direction and work independently, as well as in a team environment, and understands project roles and responsibilities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The salary range for this position is $79K-$129K. This will be dependent on the experience and expertise of the incoming candidate
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.