Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for Construction Inspectors to fill positons throughout our offices in California. The Construction Inspectors are to inspect and document project related construction activities and ensure project compliance, and may also perform other inspection duties as they relate to our project/s.
Responsibilities & Duties
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Inspect traffic control, grading, aggregate base, hma and pcc paving, signing, striping and stormwater BMPs
- Preparation of diaries, quantity sheets and other documentation
- Coordinating for materials testing and construction staking services
- Work closely with the Resident Engineer
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating, and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications and codes
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with detail
- Manage project photographic records
- Maintain up-to-date project records, as delegated by construction manager. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and others as determined by construction manager
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work orders. Confer with the contractor, designer, owner, and/or relevant authorities to explain the basis for the issuance of the above referenced notices and most importantly, to discuss acceptable corrective actions
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience with Caltrans specifications, procedures, requirements and the Lane Closure System (LCS)
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to work extended shifts and weekends
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, required
- Degree in engineering, desired
- Minimum of 3 years of construction experience working with public agencies
- Inspection certifications, such as CCM, QSP, ACI or ICC are preferred
- Proven field experience in reviewing contractor’s work procedures and methods
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.