Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure.
Ever dreamt of having the biggest, most innovative transportation project in the country on your resume? That dream can now be your reality. We are hiring for the $1.6 billion High Speed Rail project that is constructing the first high-speed rail system in our nation. Harris & Associates is the managing partner of the joint-venture team working for the California High Speed Rail Authority to deliver the first 29-mile segment of this historic project—which has become a model for success across the United States.
Our Project Engineer supports the Construction Manager, on-site, in seeing that the project is constructed in accordance with the approved plans and specifications.
- Daily personal interactions with clients, designers, owners, contractors, inspectors, authorities having jurisdiction, and Harris & Associates field office staff.
- At the direction of the Project/Construction Manager, the Assistant Construction Manager assists with the resolution of project matters.
- Assist the Construction Manager with observing, monitoring and documenting the work of the contractor, specialty inspectors, Harris field staff and sub-consultants.
- Assist with the management of documentation (incoming and outgoing), oral and written, document control and filing, meeting agendas and minutes, RFIs, MTDs, FDs, Clarification Letters, submittals, change orders, and progress payments. This function to adhere to all existing standards as set forth in Harris & Associates’ CM Procedures Manual.
- Responsible for the preparation and editing of various project documents and reports.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities such as:
- 8+ years of construction management experience.
- College degree highly preferred (engineering/architecture/construction management)
- A professional engineering license (CA) is highly preferred
- Experience in civil transportation projects; specifically rail preferred
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled employer.