Sr Project Manager - School Experience
Sr Project Manager
- Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations
- Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
- Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
- Review and develop contract documents
- Plan, Organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $5M to $100M each
- Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
- Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation
- Review all deliverables from designers in the different design phases. While in construction, the Project Manager will review the construction change documents (CCD’s) and provide written comments to the Design Team prior to submittal to DSA.
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
- Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Review and negotiate change order items with the contractor and DBE team.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 7 years experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design and closeout
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Experience in alternative delivery method
- Experience with using a web based project management system such as Proliance and/or Procore.
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience in Formal Construction Partnering
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or
Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, EAP, PTO, paid holidays and more.
Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.