Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
Harris is looking for a Construction Inspector to join our team in LA County area.
The Construction Inspector responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Scheduling, planning, coordinating, and performing daily site inspections individually or with other inspectors, to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and codes.
- Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections.
- Measure and record pay quantities
- Monitor time & material (T&M) work.
- Prepare comprehensive and concise daily reports that reflect the day’s construction activities with abundant detail
- Manage project photographic records.
- Maintain up-to-date project records, as delegated by Construction Manager. This can include as-built drawings, material testing reports, miscellaneous inspection and testing reports, item quantity files, and others as determined by Construction Manager.
- Develop and issue Notices of Non-compliance and stop-work orders. Confer with the contractor, designer, owner, and/or relevant authorities to explain the basis for the issuance of the above-referenced notices and most importantly, to discuss acceptable corrective actions.
- Utilize survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent education; a Bachelor’s degree in a related field a plus.
- 5+ years of construction experience in a diverse construction environment.
- Inspection certifications are highly desirable.
- Spend considerable time in the field reviewing contractor’s work procedures and methods.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics