Senior Construction Manager
- Fresno, CA
- Full Time
- PMCM- PROGRAM/CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT (High Speed Rail)
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, Nevada, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
The Sr. Construction Manager will be based out of our Fresno, CA office and will be responsible for the delivery of PCM oversight services to the Authority. The Sr. Construction Manager will report to the Authority’s Design & Construction Manager, the PCM’s Principal-in-Charge and the Wong-Harris JV Board. Pertinent information and critical issues of the Project will be brought to the Sr. Construction Manager’s attention and coordinated through him/her. The Sr. Construction Manager will be fully authorized to act on the Authority’s behalf and has the following responsibilities:
Responsibilities & Duties
- Enforce the requirements of the CP1 contract
- Prepare and/or sign correspondence, coordinate day-to-day activities, resolve issues, and/or provide recommendations for corrective actions and/or mitigation
- Manage the functions of the PCM for delivery of professional and quality products
- Creating estimates for different phases of a large project
- Provide directions to the PCM staff and mentor them
- Review Project Status reports prepared by the PCM. The reports include monitoring and reporting on the Contractor’s and the PCM’s performance in conformance to the Contract requirements. The PCM’s progress reporting to the Authority includes quality of work completed and progress of work including the Monthly Compliance Status Report.
- Review the PCM services plans and procedures
- Review contract changes
- Participate in and/or lead meetings to discuss Project details and to resolve issues
- Meet with the PCM Team to coordinate activities and resolve issues
- Other duties assigned by Principal-in-Charge and the Wong-Harris JV Board
Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years of relevant design build and project management/ estimating experience
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, required
- Professional Civil Engineering license in California preferred
- Transportation Project Experience (Rail experience is a huge plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Construction Specifications
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability) and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Harris expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status.