Harris is a 100% employee-owned company focused on solving today's complex challenges in planning, design, and construction of public infrastructure. Our offices and project sites span the West Coast in California, and Washington with a staff of over 200 employee-owners. We focus on serving clients in the municipal, water, transportation, and education markets.
If you're a driven professional looking for a collaborative environment, work that makes a difference, and a firm that invests heavily in your growth, you could be a perfect fit for Harris & Associates.
The Senior Project Manager shall be a career-minded individual with demonstrated experience successfully managing projects or significant tasks under general supervision. Provides engineering oversight, design services and support for project team. This position requires flexibility and willingness to learn new skills grounded in basic engineering principles.
Responsibilities and Duties
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Manages time allotted to one or more projects, including budget, quality and schedule
• Uses engineering judgment to perform duties and knows when to ask questions, seek assistance or perform independent research
• Is skilled with project budget, schedule, and quality, and reports concerns promptly to the Project Director(s)
• Effectively interacts with peers, clients, and sub-consultants through written and oral communication
• Performs engineering calculations, clearly documenting methodology used and checks his/her work
• Prepares and reviews design plans, specifications and estimates
• Researches and writes reports relating to project assignments
• Deliver oral presentations at client and/or Harris meetings
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor of Science Civil Engineering degree required
• California Professional Engineer license required
• Minimum 10 years engineering project management experience
• CA Professional Land Surveyor license required
• Effective written and oral communications with team members and clients
• Demonstrated experience delivering presentations to various groups
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and Civil 3-D and MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of Municipal Services, Public Works and City Engineering services
• Design and management experience in Capital Improvement Programs
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Harris & Associates is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested and qualified candidates including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Harris & Associates an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability)